SNOMED CT enabled solutions
PHAST encourages the creation of a more effective and interoperable French healthcare IT system by easing the integration and implementation of SNOMED CT into vendor applications. As part of this strategy, PHAST has built a new service, IOct, to enable care institutions to encode their clinical information as SNOMED CT concepts in a way that can be processed automatically by their applications.
PHAST has brought a set of initiatives to support SNOMED CT implementation:
- Translation of more than 5,000 SNOMED CT concepts.
- Implementation of a French browser which makes possible for the healthcare professionals to explore the terminology online.
- Production of interoperable metathesauri which include SNOMED CT content in the field of medication (IOmed), medical devices (IOmd) and laboratory (IOlab) workflows.
- Organization of training sessions for software vendors and healthcare institutions.
- Creation of a FHIR terminology server, STS, which delivers terminologies like SNOMED CT and LOINC, as well as concept maps and value sets leveraging various international and national terminologies. STS supports a full implementation of the Expression Constraint Language (ECL) for defining SNOMED CT value sets by intension.
Scope of services
Clinical documentation, Drug, EHR, EMR, Lab, Order sets, Pharmacy
Regions where operational