These terms and conditions apply to the use of this website, which is owned by SNOMED International. Please read them carefully, as they affect your legal rights. By using this website, you are agreeing to these terms and conditions in their entirety. If you disagree with any of these terms and conditions, you should immediately discontinue use of this website.
You must be at least 18 years of age to use this website. By using this website and agreeing to these terms and conditions, you warrant and represent that you are at least 18 years of age.
In these terms and conditions, “user” or “users” refers to any third party that uses this website and is not employed by SNOMED International in any capacity.
Acceptable and prohibited website use
- The design and Contents on this website are the property of SNOMED International, its suppliers, affiliates or other relevant third parties and licensors, unless it is Your User Content (as described in paragraph 10 below).“Contents” refers to any text, images, graphics, audio, video, software, page layout, data, code, software and any information that appears on this website and can be stored on a computer. By using this website, you acknowledge and consent that all such Content is protected by copyright, trade marks, database rights and other intellectual property rights. Subject to paragraph 2 below, without obtaining prior written permission from SNOMED International, you are expressly prohibited from using, distributing or reproducing the design of, or any Content that appears on, this website (including, without limitation, any logo, service mark or trade mark).
- You may view, download and print information from this website for your own personal, non-commercial use only. This is subject to the restrictions outlined in these terms and conditions. Any other use of the design and Content of the website is strictly prohibited.
- You must not incorporate the Contents of this website or any part of it in any other work or publication (whether in hard copy, electronic or any other form) or otherwise republish, redistribute, display, commercially exploit, create derivative works of, modify, copy, sell, rent or sub-license any of the information and material on this website (including trademarks or logos that appear on this website or on any Content of this website) without obtaining explicit written permission from SNOMED International, or unless the Content has been expressly stated in writing to be made available for purposes such as redistribution within your organization.
Website availability and access
- You are prohibited from using this website for any of the reasons below:
- in any way that causes, or may cause, damage or disruption to or interference with SNOMED International, the website or any other person’s use and access to the website;
- in any way that is illegal, unlawful, harmful, fraudulent, threatening, abusive or objectionable, or in breach of any law, regulation, or governmental order or is otherwise prohibited by these terms and conditions;
- storing, hosting, copying, transmitting, sending, using, publishing or distributing any Content protected by copyright without permission from SNOMED International;
- collecting data from the website without explicit written consent from SNOMED International; and
- sending or transmitting unsolicited commercial or marketing communications on the website.
- The website is a general information service only and use of information and content contained on this website is at your own risk. Any information, services or tools that SNOMED International makes available through this website is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis, and has not been prepared by taking into account the particular objectives, situation or needs of any individual users. SNOMED International provides no warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy or reliability of the website Content or that the website will be free of defects or faults. To the maximum extent permitted by law, SNOMED International provides no express or implied warranties of fitness for a particular purpose, compatibility, satisfactory quality or accuracy of information. SNOMED International is under no obligation to update or correct information contained on this website.
- SNOMED International endeavors to ensure that this website remains secure and without errors, viruses and malware, but it provides no guarantee or warranty that the website or site or server that makes it available are free of any such errors, viruses or malware. Users must take responsibility for the security of their own information and computers. SNOMED International is not responsible for any adverse consequences arising out of use of this website.
- SNOMED International is not liable for any disruption to or non-availability of this website. SNOMED International makes no warranty that the website will be uninterrupted, timely or error-free or that defects will be corrected.
- SNOMED International reserves the right to change, suspend or discontinue any component of this website, or restrict access to areas or the entirety of this website, at any time without notice or explanation. Unless expressly stated otherwise, these terms and conditions will apply to any modified version of this website.
- If you are provided with a user ID and password by SNOMED International to access restricted areas of this website or its Content and services, the following additional terms shall apply:
- you must ensure that you maintain the confidentiality of your user ID and password and must notify SNOMED International immediately of any unauthorized use of your password or any other breach of security;
- you may not transfer your account to another user or maintain more than one account with SNOMED International without our consent;
- you confirm that the data you provided to SNOMED International on registering as a registered user was at the time it was provided current, complete and accurate, and you agree to maintain and update the data as required to keep it so;
- you release SNOMED International from any claim in respect of or arising from any reasonable reliance by SNOMED International upon any use of your user ID and password, including SNOMED International disclosing information relating to your registration and/or affairs to SNOMED International;
- SNOMED International may suspend or disable your user ID and password without notice or explanation, at its sole discretion.
- you agree to indemnify and hold harmless SNOMED International and its affiliates and each of its and their officers, agents and employees from any claims, actions, costs (including reasonable legal costs), losses and expenses incurred that arise out of or in connection with their reasonable reliance upon any acts carried out, requests made or information provided through the use of your user ID and password; and
- SNOMED International may suspend or disable your user ID and password without notice or explanation, at its sole discretion.
- “Your User Content” in these terms and conditions refers to material that you submit to this website, for any purpose or reason. This includes, but is not limited to, text, documents, images and audio and visual materials.
- You agree to use the communication tools on this website for lawful and legitimate purposes only and not for posting or disseminating any material unrelated to the use of the website (including, without limitation, files that may damage any other person’s computing devices or software). Your User Content must not be offensive to any other users of the website, unlawful or illegal, must not infringe on any third party’s legal rights (including data or other material that is protected by copyright or trade secrets which you do not have appropriate rights to use) and must not give rise to legal action whether against you, SNOMED International or a third party under any applicable law. When you make any communication on the website you represent that you own, or have an appropriate license to use, the content of the communication.
- You must not submit any of Your User Content that is or has ever been subject to any threatened or actual legal proceedings or similar complaints.
- Notwithstanding SNOMED International's rights under these terms and conditions, SNOMED International does not assume the monitoring of the submission of user content or the publication of user content on its website. Please report any objectionable information to SNOMED International by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nothing listed in these terms and conditions will:
- limit or exclude liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
- limit or exclude liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
- limit or exclude any liability in any way that is not permitted under applicable law.
- SNOMED International will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of events beyond SNOMED International's reasonable control.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, SNOMED International excludes all conditions, warranties and representations in relation to this website (including in any Content on the website and services provided through the website) whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise (including but not limited to, implied conditions and warranties of non-infringement, compatibility, security, accuracy, conditions of completeness, or any implied condition or warranty arising from course of dealing or usage or trade) and will not be responsible for any errors or misstatements on the website.
- SNOMED International excludes all liability for any of the following:
- loss of profits, income, revenue, anticipated savings, business, contracts, reputation, goodwill or commercial opportunities (in each case, whether direct or indirect or consequential);
- any loss or corruption of data, database or software; and
- any loss or damage that is indirect or consequential.
- SNOMED International's total liability to you in respect of any and all causes of action that arise under or in connection with your use of this website, to the extent that such liability is not excluded under these terms and conditions, shall be limited to £500.
Links and framing
- You agree to indemnify, defend and hold IHTSDO, and our members, officers, affiliates, directors, employees, agents and suppliers, harmless immediately on demand, from and against all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees, arising out of any breach of these terms and conditions by you or any other liabilities arising out of your use of this website or the use by any other person accessing the website using your user ID and password and/or your personal information.
- The contents of this website may include links to third party materials. SNOMED International will not be responsible for the contents of any linked sites or be liable for any loss or damage suffered by any user as a result of accessing, using, relying on or trading with third parties. The linked sites are provided to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any linked site does not imply any endorsement of it by SNOMED International or any association with its operators. Any dealings with any advertiser appearing on this website are solely between you and the advertiser or other third party. SNOMED International is not responsible or liable for any part of such dealings or promotions.
- SNOMED International reserves the right to prohibit links to this website and you agree to remove or cease any link upon our request. Framing any part of this website’s content is expressly prohibited.
- By registering on this website, you consent to receive marketing, promotional and other material by way of electronic messages from SNOMED International and our affiliates and suppliers.
- SNOMED International may change these terms and conditions at any time by making such amended terms and conditions available to users through this website. By continuing to access this website (or any part of it), you agree to be bound by the amended terms and conditions. If you do not agree to any change to these terms and conditions, then you must immediately stop using the website.
- These terms and conditions are not deemed to create a partnership, joint venture, agency or employment relationship of any kind between SNOMED International and you.
- No waiver by SNOMED International shall be construed as a waiver of any other breach of any provision of these terms and conditions. Each provision of these terms and conditions shall be construed as separately applying and surviving, even if for any reason one of those provisions is held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances.
- These terms and conditions are subject to English law and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
If you have any questions in relation to this website or these terms and conditions, please contact SNOMED International by email at email@example.com
by SNOMED International. All rights reserved.